We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as through our website, social media channels, phone, job applications and in connection with our interactions with clients and vendors. We may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number);
- information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact. (The Controller assumes that the other person previously gave an authorization for such communication); and
- other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the "Contact Us" feature on our website or social media channels.
In addition, if you are an associate or job candidate, you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal data (as permitted under local law):
- employment and education history;
- language proficiencies and other work-related skills;
- Social Security number, national identifier or other government-issued identification number;
- date of birth;
- bank account information;
- citizenship and work authorization status;
- benefits information;
- tax-related information;
- information provided by references; and
- information contained in your resume, information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
We may also collect tie following types of personal data upon receiving your explicit consent (where required by applicable law):
- disabilities and health-related information; and
- results of drug tests, criminal and other background checks.
In addition, we may collect information you provide to us about other individuals, such as information related to emergency contacts.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the data gathered for the following purposes (as permitted under local law):
- providing workforce solutions and connecting people to work;
- creating and managing online accounts;
- processing payments;
- managing our business partner, client and vendor relationships;
- where permitted under law, for communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- responding to individuals' inquiries and claims;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protecting against, identifying and seeking to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
All processing will be carried out based on adequate legal grounds which may fall into a number of categories, including:
- consent or explicit consent from the data subject, where required by applicable law;
- to ensure that we comply with a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract (e.g. processing your personal data to ensure that your wages and taxes are paid correctly); or
- it is essential and necessary for the legitimate interest of the Data Controller, as described in more detail below (e.g. allowing access to a website in order to provide the services offered).
- Providing you with job opportunities and work;
- providing HR services to you, including administration of benefit programs, payroll, performance management and disciplinary investigations or actions;
- providing additional services to you, such as training, career counselling and career transition services;
- assessing your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions; and
- performing data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at or prior to the time of collection.
Use of Automated Data Collection Methods
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our website, dates and times of visits to our website and other usage statistics.
A "cookie" is a file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
A "web beacon" also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server
Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain "clickstream data," which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website.
Our website use these types of cookies:
a) Technical Cookies
Technical cookies are those used exclusively with a view to "carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service."
b) Profiling Cookies
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating user profiles. They are used to send ads messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation. In light of the highly invasive nature of these cookies, vis-à-vis users' private sphere, local and European legislation requires users to be informed appropriately on their use so as to give their valid consent.
How We Collect Information by Automated Means
As you click through our website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Your browser will allow you to block cookies, however, you may not be able to use all of the features of our website without cookies.
Providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our website, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. Subject to applicable law, Staffplex is not responsible for these providers' information practices.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
How We Use Information Collected through Automated Means
We use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as
- customizing our users' use of our website;
- delivering content tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users use our website; and
- managing our website and other aspects of our business.
We also use third-party analytics services on our website, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the website.
Profiling and Interest-Based Advertising
On our website, we may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served.
You may see certain Staffplex ads on other websites because we engage third-party advertising networks. Through such advertising networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based, behavioural and contextual means. Through the ad networks, we can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests and previous activity. The information our advertising networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve Staffplex advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our website and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising, please visit aboutads.info/choices/. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
Our website is not designed to respond to "do not track" signals from browsers.
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the website (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and Staffplex is not responsible for those providers' information practices.
- Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We may process personal data for certain legitimate business purposes, which includes some of all of the following:
- where the process enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our clients, candidates and associates;
- to identify and prevent fraud;
- to enhance security of our network and information systems;
- to better understand how people interact with our websites;
- for direct marketing purposes;
- to provide postal communications to you which we think will be of interest to you; and
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we keep your rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to such processing, and may do so by contacting us as described below. Please bear in mind that if you exercise your right to object, this may affect our ability to carry out and deliver services to you for your benefit.
How We Process and Protect Personal Information
We process the personal data we collect, also by automated means, for the purposes defined above and for a specific period of time, which complies with our internal retention policy, in order to ensure that the personal data are not kept longer than necessary.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. In order to ensure adequate security and confidentiality of the personal data, we may apply the following security measures as appropriate:
- Encryption of data in transit;
- Strong user authentication controls;
- Hardened network infrastructure; and
- Network monitoring solutions.
How Long We Store Data We Collect
We store in our systems the personal data we collect in a way that allows the identification of the data subjects for no longer than it is necessary in light of the purposes for which the data was collected, or for which that data is further processed.
- The necessity to retain the personal data collected, in order to offer services established with the user;
- The legitimate interest of the Data Controller, as described in the purposes above; and
- The existence of specific legal obligations that make the processing and related storage necessary for specific period of times.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
The countries to which we may transfer the personal data we collect about you may be:
- Within the European Union
- Outside the European Union
When we transfer personal data from within the European Union to countries or international organizations that are based outside the European Union the transfer takes place on the basis of:
- An adequacy decision by the European Commission; or
- In the absence of an adequacy decision, other legally permitted grounds: (a) a legally binding and enforceable instrument between public authorities or bodies; (b) binding corporate rules; or (c) standard data protection clauses (formerly called the Model Clauses) promulgated by the Commission.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
When authorized by applicable law, a data subject may exercise certain specific rights, such as:
- Right of access: A data subject may access his or her personal data in order to verify that his or her personal data is processed in accordance with law
- Right to rectification: A data subject may request the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete data held about him or her, in order to protect the accuracy of such information and to adapt it to the data processing.
- Right to erasure: A data subject may request that the Data Controller erases information about him or her and to no longer process that data.
- Right to restriction of processing: A data subject may request that the Data Controller restricts the processing of his or her data.
- Right to data portability: A data subject may request data portability, meaning that the data subject can receive the originally provided personal data in a structured and commonly used format or that the data subject can request the transfer of the data to another data controller.
- Right to object: A data subject who provide a Data Controller with personal data may object, at any time, to the data processing on a number of grounds as set out under GDPR without needing to justify his or her decision.
- Right not to be subject of automated individual decision-making: A data subject may request not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, if such profiling produces a legal effect concerning the data subject or similarly significantly affects him or her.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: Every data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable supervisory authority; in particular in the EU Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes GDPR.
Whenever data processing is based on consent as described in Article 7 of the GDPR, the data subject may withdraw his or her consent at any time.
If you require more information about the processing of your personal data, please refer to the How to Contact Us section below.
How To Contact Us